Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cheeks




Elliot is sleeping so much and working on the further development of his fat cheeks. 

I feel like a tourist attraction walking around town with Lake City's newest baby. I realize that not many people would take a 12 hour old baby down the street to the ice cream shop or a four day old to a bluegrass concert....so, maybe people from bigger towns are not used to meeting such young babies, but the constant stream of strangers who have a bunch of questions (personal) can be a bit overwhelming when a gal is just trying to walk to the post office! We're doing well as a family of six. There have been moments of difficulty, the other kids have been really tired and a bit spacey. Overall, we've had plenty of family time at the park and walking around town. This time of year is a little hectic for us...but I'm so thankful for a summer baby.

3 comments:

Joanne Brandt said...

Elliot is so sweet with those chubby cheeks! Looks like he is just a contented baby all around. Well fed, well loved, happy baby.

Christy said...

Those cheeks and that baby are incredible!
I'm glad things are going well. Glad to hear he is eating well. Is he the best right-out-of-the-gate nurser so far? I remember you said that the other three had taken a while to get the hang of it.

--Shelley said...

I think I did a post once called cheeks. I love those cuddly full-figured babies!