Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coast King

Not taking a "before" picture was the mistake of the summer. This thing was a rusty heap a few weeks ago. We loved it and worked it back into business. After disassembling it into several piles and ziplock bags of rusty parts, we painted it, greased it, banged on it, and bought a trumpet horn for it. We put pin stripes on the fenders, a little crown on the chain guard, and the words "Coast King" on the frame. Christian purchased this bike before I knew him in Ft. Collins, but he was just recently reunited with it. 
Now, this may look like the kind of bike your grandma would ride at Gulf Shores, but out here in Colorado, it is known as a Townie. (All the cool kids have one.) This one reminds me of the bike on a bottle of Fat Tire Amber Ale.

3 comments:

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

what an awesome bike! how old is it?

Unknown said...

Quite a cool cruiser!

Donna said...

I LOVE that bike- wish I lived somewhere that I could ride straight from my driveway to somewhere....we live on a busy, hilly street w/out sidewalks so we drive to trails to ride bikes.