Monday, January 12, 2009

Out with the old....in with the new.

The newer improved belly for 2009. I'm 24 weeks and feeling great. I've gained almost 20 lbs. I only gained 26 total with each of my other pregnancies, but I was thinner than I've been since high school before I got pregnant this time. So, I'm not too concerned. 
Priya got her first haircut to welcome in the new year. I cut more than I wanted, but the mullet is gone, folks. She shook her head the whole time; she's lucky it doesn't look worse. Right after this photo, her fingers got a little cookie dough on them. She was saying "yucky," I told her to lick them. In a flash she had licked them and grabbed a handful more to shove in her mouth. I should have left her ignorant. 
We used some Christmas money to buy Silas (and eventually Priya) this aspen log trundle bed, a Craig's list gem from Crested Butte. There is not a mattress for the bottom yet. So, we're using it for shoes and toys right now. Next summer sometime, the "big kids" will sleep in the trundle and the baby will be in their room in a crib. The first night Silas slept in his new, high bed, Christian gave him a great talk about growing up, kitty, and thumb-sucking. Happy to report that Silas has not seen kitty since, nor sucked his thumb. 

4 comments:

The Burgess family said...

Wow, awesome! the belly, haircut, new bed, and successful discussion on growing up, that's all great!

Luke and I joke that maybe we need trundle beds for us :) The kids have bunk beds and let me tell you your trundle bed is a better idea. i hate making those bunk beds!

Abbie said...

coool. everybody is growing up, out, etc. you look awesome. I haven't seen a third pregnancy look so nice on someone, and it gives me hope for my sadly rearranged body. :)
I am a little sad for kitty though... what a smooth transition. Cora has a rotating attraction to her thumb and pacifier, but her favorite is still an adult pinkie. We can't figure out how to get her to pick one... and we're trying to attach the thumb sucking to her little stuffed owl. We'll see if she ever catches on.

Todd and Noelle said...

you look great, as does priya's haircut!

we've been trying to figure out the room-sharing thing...eleanor and will together, new baby seperate; or boy-boy or girl-girl in a room. i guess we still have time to figure it out! i kinds have a feeling we'll keep the "big kids" together, too, though. they'd sure have fun - maybe too much!

Donna said...

You look amazing- I can't believe you are so small for your THIRD baby! I LOVE Silas' new bed- very cool- so glad Kitty and Thumb sucking went without much ado- that's awesome! Thanks for checking in on our blog- and your comments before I gave birth were so encouraging and gave me more confidence to turn down the c-section.