Saturday, May 30, 2009

Two weeks in...






"Hartman, party of five..." We've been pretty overwhelmed by all the changes. Priya is on the tail end of potty training, and cutting four molars. Silas is learning that I can't listen to his constant steam of consciousness ramblings all day, especially when Levi is screaming. Overall, I think Levi is a pretty chill little guy, but he still requires mucho attention. We've been getting mountain rain storms everyday, so our outside time has been limited...looking forward to more sunshine soon. 

Christian has made two major purchases recently, on the road to a new business. In addition to making furniture, he also wants to do some custom milling, so he has purchased a large Wood-mizer saw mill. He also bought a machine that is a planer, molder, sander sort-of-a-thing, as well as a band saw. He will hopefully be able to provide rough cut materials and trim molding to the contractors in the area. He's interviewed them all, and they seem interested. Let's hope the building market sustains itself. And, let's hear it for the newest sawyer on the Western Slope. (the photo at the top is from our last family dance party)

3 comments:

Donna said...

Every mom says this is the absolute hardest it gets- three tiny ones- it will only get easier as you go from now on! I will pray for daylight- when Tucker was born in freezing January I thought I was going to lose it with all of us inside on top of each other! : )

Todd and Noelle said...

hey, question: do silas and priya share a room? eleanor and will started sharing this week, and i am picking other mom's brains about a few things...let me know if they share and you have tips! also, where did you get levi's sock animal?! cute! i'm sure your life is totally crazy right now, but i hope you can enjoy it! i am praying the same thing for myself!

Joanne Brandt said...

Your Dad and I love the pics! I'm glad Priya is still dancing - and that Levi is sleeping some of the time at least. Hang in there and just hum "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day ..."

I hope Christian's business blossoms as soon as the weather improves.

Give all a hug from JoJo and Bud.