Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome, February





Library books about Groundhogs....check.
Yummy Creole (Mardi Gras) recipes....check.
Balloon festival....check.
Moon pies....oops.
Paper hearts....check.
So, I remember the Japanese magnolias blooming about this time of year in Mobile. I remember the streets smelling like stale beer and the plastic beads dangling from the oak trees. In honor of my hometown....I'll be cooking up a mean mess of food this week. Though I can't seem to find a plastic baby Jesus to shove into my King Cake, I think my mountain friends will be able to catch the flavor of the season. (If you're not from Mobile, don't bother trying to understand that last sentence.)

Here's some photos of the kids and the balloon festival we had this weekend out at the lake.

2 comments:

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

great hat!

--Shelley said...

i wish i would have known. for weeks i have had two plastic babies shoved in my coat pocket. random i know. streed had a mardi gras parade at school. i think they ate king cake for a week at school.