Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nerf guns, fir trees, birthdays, oh my





Silas, my first baby, has passed the five year mark. How did this happen? A little bit about the boy you may know only in photos and blogland... He's tall and handsome and incredibly strong. He's super because he can fly. He flaps his arms and then he can get off the ground a little. He likes to read about hard-working kids in the "Little House" books, but is just himself learning to be a hard worker. He prefers any project his Dad is doing to the household duties he has with me. He is a chicken farmer. He loves to sing and "do art stuff." He's still a cuddler, and holds my hand when we walk, or in church, or just because. He LOVES his cousins. He wants to marry Priya when he grows up and be a fireman. He has great insight into life and asks wonderful, spritual questions. I love this kid so much. 

To celebrate his birthday, I made him name pancakes (with fruity crisp confetti). He unwrapped a nerf gun and a light saber and we went swimming in Gunnison. Life is good for a five-year-old as long as you remember where not to aim the nerf gun. 

2 comments:

Donna said...

Happy birthday Silas- what great pics! I'll have to learn how to make pancakes like that- they look awesome! Congrats on #4!!!! Four babies five and under- as they say, God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called and what a calling you have! This baby will be such a blessing to you all! Again, congratulations!

Christy said...

Wonderful! Happy Birthday to dear Silas. I LOVED reading about him in your post. What a dear.
Well, you already know how I feel about baby #4 but just so everyone in blogland knows, it's AWESOME! love y'all!