Sunday, June 19, 2011

New kid on the block



The boys and Christian went across the alley to pick some rhubarb for a pie, when they spotted this two-day old fawn sleeping in the grass. The kids and I saw it on friday, the day it was born, but Christian hadn't seen it yet. I took one photo with my foot so you could see how tiny this little one really is. 

In other news, we spent the day yesterday at the park cheering for the San Juan Solstice  runners. This is a 50 mile endurance mountain race that starts and finishes in our town. Forest Swift, a local kid (17 year old), finished the race and the whole town was there to cheer him on. Way to go kid!! He just started running last year, did his first marathon in May and took on the fifty with lots of town support. Proud of my little town today. Baby deer in the backyard....kids who can run 50 Alpine miles. What a grand place to live. 

....and, Happy Father's Day to my Daddy and to my sweet husband. 


1 comment:

Abbie said...

such a tease. totally thought this was going to be a birth announcement. the baby deer is really adorable, though. decent runner-up, I suppose.
hope you're hanging in there, thinking about you a lot, resisting the urge to call and pester you.