Monday, June 13, 2011

Priya is 4!!!!





Priya's actual birthday is tomorrow, which is also Flag Day, which is also her Aunt Amy's birthday, which is also my due date. However, we celebrated with cupcakes and friends in the park yesterday, because Sunday was a better day for my backup crew of party-throwers had I been in labor. All in all, it was a very successful party. All of the special friends whom Priya really wanted to come were able to come; Priya was very thankful for all her presents and shared them well; the weather was amazing; and the cupcakes were delicious. One of the photos shows Priya with her special summertime friend Abbie, who is one of the sweetest little girls I have ever met. I am so pleased that she has found a little girl friend to play with. She is so tough and tolerant of all the boys she plays with, but she just lights up when she can play with Abbie. Priya had a huge cupcake that was half chocolate and half vanilla cake with half chocolate and half vanilla cream cheese icing with some of every kind of sprinkle on top, as per her request. We aim to please. She received some sand box toys, a cute swim suit, a baseball hat, a dress, a camp chair, some bubbles, a book, a pet rock, and some handmade cards.

My fears of missing the party or not being able to throw one have been put to rest...now, I'm just waiting on the baby. I would love to give Priya a real baby for her birthday tomorrow, but in keeping with my pattern, it might be another 10 days or so. 

No comments: