Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A day in the life





Just for you readers who crave details...here is what a day for the Hartman family looks like, today was a little special, because it was the first day of school, but it was rather typical otherwise. 
5:30 I wake up, wake up Elliot. yes, he is sleeping all night (8:30-6:30), I have to wake him up to feed him if I am going to exercise. 
6:00 I go for a run with a buddy, end up on a trail above a canyon, through the aspens, and around town. Back right at 7am.
7-8:00 I shower. Christian showers. I braid hair, wipe faces, make breakfast, snap bike helmets and head towards school.
8:00 We ride to school. Christian rides the townie. Silas and Priya ride their own bikes. I ride the mountain bike with a bike seat for Levi and Elliot in the bike trailer. 
8-8:20 We get the kids settled in school, take photos, talk to other parents, kiss cheeks, etc.
8:30 I feed Elliot again and eat breakfast myself. 
Morning...rock Elliot to sleep, play jungle animals with Levi, change Elliot's pants, laundry, dishes, water plants, feed Elliot at 10:30 go get coffee, go to the bank, walk back to the school to get Priya by 11:50.
12:00 Make lunch for kids, Christian and his business partner, and myself.
1:30 Walk down to the Soda Fountain and get ice cream for the kids. Feed Elliot again.
2:00 Put Levi down to nap (he doesn't). Have "girl time" with Priya, which consists of painting fingernails (hers, not mine), reading a story, and making cowboy cookies. Fold, put away laundry. Weave a rug for a customer. Get dinner started....BBQ chicken, homemade french fries, broccoli, homemade bread, and....cookies.
4:00 Silas comes home, plays with the hose in the yard and tells me about school. 
5:23 BLOG

I expect we'll eat soon, read, wash, read, clean, listen to a parenting seminar, and go to bed....all starts again at 5:30 tomorrow. Hopefully, I will read this years from now and remember all the sweet moments...and not the wild, crazy times!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love it! I am finally getting caught up on all the blogs I missed while I was away. Loved hearing about your day and seeing the kiddos. I ran into Julie used-to-be Gesch and we talked about how even friends of friends read your blog and envy your lifestyle. You are awesome and I wish you lived here...only then you'd have to deal with syringes in your suburban lawn instead of moose and I'm not sure you'd want that trade. Love you!

Donna said...

Sounds great- I am officially overwhelmed now- four is a lot of babies- a lot of lovin and smiles- but a lot of noise and work for mama too. But I know for a fact we will miss these days so much when they are all going their separate ways and don't want to be playing jungle animals with mommy. You are doing so well- yay for E sleeping through the night and momma exercising! That's a win/win!

--Shelley said...

Girlfriend! I am sure it is nuts and much like a rat race. However, you are exercising, making cookies, painting nails, doing laundry and making homemade fries! Can I be like you when I grow up?