Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fruitcake Toss


Last weekend, I participated in an annual Lake City event and won. Yes, I threw the fruitcake the farthest. I watched Mark, fellow champion, as he packed his fruitcake into a ball, dipped it in a puddle, and rolled it in the dead grass so it would not fall part. This was a disgusting, but rewarding process. Note: the fruitcake in our mouths is not what we threw, and this was Mark's idea. Silas suffered defeat at the hands of his younger cousin Titus, who threw his little fruitcake nine feet. Next year, I'll teach him how to pack it into a ball.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

dang, titus threw a fruitcake 9 FEET? he is remarkable. I'm sure silas had some snide remarks for titus about climbing 14ers to make himself feel better.

Abbie said...

ahem. you people are negligent bloggers. how were the holidays, and where are the pictures?