Thursday, February 19, 2009

Party girl



We've recovered from a month of sickness. Now we're trying to prepare for another child...let the nesting begin. 

Potty training has been an adventure for Priya. She's getting it (kind of). She is starting to string words together into sentences. Things like, "Poopoo panties, uh-oh." On this subject, I have told her it is not an uh-oh if you do it every time. (She hasn't wet her pants in a week or so.) Early potty training requires a bit more patience, I'm afraid. 

Here's a typical Silas and Priya conversation...
Silas: "Priya, look at...Priya, look at...Priya, listen to...."
Priya: "BUSY!"
Silas: "No, you're not busy."
(ensuing yelling match of "busy" and "no" follows)

I'm catching on to this whole sibling thing slowly. I am less shocked at how they treat one another. Encouraging through the sweet times and teaching through the fighting...

1 comment:

diana said...

I love reading up about the family! I'm really looking forward to hearing updates about the new arrivals! Hope you are feeling great!
- AIL