Sunday, February 8, 2009

Balloon Fest '09






So, Lake City is not really a city. Our population is only about 400 year-round residents. However, we do have a lake. Lake San Cristobal is the second largest natural lake in Colorado and was formed by a massive mudslide several hundred years back. The lake, of course, freezes over in the winter. In early February each year, there is a hot air balloon festival on the lake. Christian and I rode in one a few years back, but we just watched from the island this year. 

I was sick for a couple of weeks and lost my voice. Two toddlers and a big-bellied speechless momma made for some interesting days. I think I cheered and yelled on the volleyball court for too many years. Whenever I get a cold, if I strain my voice at all...it just vanishes. 

The whole family has recovered from the sickness and we enjoyed playing in the sandbox in the warm winter weather this weekend. 

1 comment:

The Burgess family said...

you got some good pics! I like that first one a lot.