Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Five days in the Life of...




Friday: 
I went to aerobics class which is normally a cross training/ boot camp sort of deal on Fridays, but we ended up running instead. We ran a big loop around Camp Redcloud. I took the kids to the park and played and ate a picnic. The, back to camp for uphill wind sprints. (Thank you, Jess, this is a wonderful idea...note sarcasm). Christian and I enjoyed a thought-provoking date night during which we watched Food, Inc.

Saturday: Christian headed to Montrose to pick up some plants for our greenhouse. I took the kids back out to camp to watch a horse show. Silas and Priya both rode a horse for the first time. Another mom took photos...I'll post them soon. Then, we scrambled home for a much needed nap. Just as Christian arrived home with plants and baby CHICKS (!!), I remembered a one-year-old's birthday party I was planning to attend. I jumped on the bike and rode down to Crystal and baby Stella's to join most of the babies who were born last year and their mommas. There, I remembered the BBQ party that Amy Jo was throwing in her yard, which 1/2 the town attended. I jetted back home, made some food, defrosted some elk and venison and headed to Amy Jo's (1/2 a block away). Then, to cap off a great Saturday, went up Henson creek to sweat some in the sauna with three other ladies. Back home to check on chicks...sleep.

Sunday: Church, lunch, 8 mile bike ride up Henson. Then, I planted the greenhouse.

Monday: Aerobics class...then rode the bike back from camp (10 miles). Gorgeous morning around Lake San Cristobal. Went for a great walk with the kids. Had my hair cut shorter than it has been for a while (see chicken photo).

Today: maybe Gunnison shopping, Community volleyball tonight. 

No wonder the laundry piles up and the kids are cranky. I'm looking forward to some time in Alabama next week. Sitting on the porch...kids in the yard. (And, yes, Levi has been using the potty some! and styling his own hair) 

2 comments:

Joanne Brandt said...

Glad you are getting some exercise in! We'll let you ride my bike when you are here - or maybe your Dad's so I can ride with you! I have a friend here who raises chickens - maybe I need to hook you up on Facebook for some consultations!

Andrew said...

Sounds like a good time.
How long has community volleyball been going on? I remember going with the family to watch the community volleyball league play all the time, but that seemed to fizzle out years ago. I'm glad it is starting back up again.