Monday, April 5, 2010

He is Risen





We had a wonderful celebration with our family and our community this past weekend. Here are the few photos that I managed to get everyone still and facing one direction (for the most part).

On a related note, we went hiking today, just me and the three munchkins. The wind was at about 30 mph, the mud about six inches deep, the snow about four inches over that...we hiked about three miles. At one point, Priya said, "Momma, I have rocks in my pocket. They're making music. When I walk, they make music. They're singing 'Praise the Lord, Alleluia'." 

I was, of course, reminded of the scripture in Luke 19:

36As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

 37When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: 
 38"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" 
      "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"

 39Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

 40"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

I love that the rocks in Priya's pocket were singing praises today as we slugged through the mud and wind. 

2 comments:

Todd and Noelle said...

love it.

by the way, i saw on your last post you make homemade play-doh. i have tried it several times and the last 2 times it has molded - GROSS. has that ever happened to you?

Donna said...

What a BEAUTIFUL story- how precious. I love that Priya is swinging around in her sleeveless dress in front of snow. Mobilians would have had fur coats and gloves I bet. You are truly acclamated!