Thursday, June 24, 2010

Busy June





A wedding, lots of work, hiking, swimming, playing, biking, concerts, birthdays, and vistors....We've been blasting away at the month of June! 

We celebrated Priya and Amy's (my sister-in-law) birthday on June 14th. I remember three years ago, I was buying raspberries for Amy's cheesecake while shopping in Montrose, when I all the sudden felt like I was going to have a baby in the produce section...we rushed home, followed closely by our midwives, (a normally 2 hour drive...in about 1 hour) and about and hour after that...there was the prettiest little baby girl ever born. Amy had brought milkshakes for the midwives. I told her to stick around a few more minutes so she could see the birth...She got a niece for her birthday and I got to eat raspberry cheesecake as part of my recovery.


Our dear friend, Monica, came to visit for a week. We went to two concerts, on two hikes, two swims in the ice-cold river. We almost summitted Uncompahgre, but ran into the worst non-hurricane wind I've ever experienced. With ice fields and a four-year old, we decided to try later in the summer. (you can see the wind inflating my pants and about to blow Silas off the face of the world in the photos.)



3 comments:

Joanne Brandt said...

Tell Priya that she looks really pretty in that turquoise dress - that must be her color! Thanks for posting more photos!

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

LOVE how Christian has the grip on Silas..was he trying to run away?? Such a cute family photo - beautiful :)

Donna said...

Those pictures are wonderful- you have such amazing places to hike! And the family pic is awesome!