Saturday, June 27, 2009

30 + 1

Last year our town and a nearby camp suffered a stomach virus epidemic of sorts. I was the first one in our circle to contract the virus, and twenty-one of my friends and family followed. This was during the month that surrounded my thirtieth birthday...we kept trying to have a party, but everyone was bowing out of social functions and choosing to disinfect entire buildings with bleach instead. 
So, this year, my friends made up for it with a big "30 +1" surprise bash at the patio of a local coffee shop. Lots of yummy food and cake (I was even offered a mocha containing chocolate vodka--accepted the mocha, declined the vodka). To end the evening...while dancing, Priya pulled over the table containing the punch bowl on top of her, broke the bowl, landed under the table, and drenched her cousin in sherbet and sprite. These things happen when you party too hard, I explained. Levi celebrated by taking a napping tour of all the available arms and laps. 

4 comments:

Christy said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Amanda, happy birthday to you!!! And many, many, many, more!!!!!
I love you, Christy

Abbie said...

awww. happy happy birthday! i'm glad there was no stomach bug to contend with this year.
sounds like priya is shaping up to be quite the party girl. :)

Donna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!! What a rip-roaring party with spilled punch and passed out baby boys. Sounds like LOTS of fun- I'm glad you got to celebrate!

Emily Pritz said...

Happy Birthday Amanda, I miss you! I vividly remember last year and that horrible virus, we were dropping like flies! Wish I could be there this year, but I'm coming to visit in mere weeks!