Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fuzzi Bunz


Since it is official that 80% of the readers of this blog are currently pregnant, I thought I'd throw out some advice on diapering. Early on with Silas we decided to use cloth diapers, for economic and environmental reasons. I have never regretted the decision, not even once. In fact, every time I change someone else's kid with a disposable diaper, I get grossed out. The smell of whatever those things are made of is pretty distinct, especially when wet. We tried several brands and settled happily on the Fuzzi Bunz brand. The ones that Priya is wearing have been through 4 cousins and are still wearing strong.
 
To answer any questions you might have:
No, it is not gross. Take a trip to the landfill. That's gross.
No, they do not stain. The interiors are all bright white.
Yes, it saves money. Saves more if you have more than one kid (or nephews/nieces).
Yes, it takes time. (I hang ours out to dry on a line, which I actually enjoy). Not much time.
Yes, they come in great colors!
Yes, you can sell them on e-bay after you're finished with them.
 
My kids have each had diaper rash once (after wearing disposables while traveling). We now travel with our cloth diapers. We even hung them out to dry on a terrace in Italy once. Well, there's my two cents. Oh, and if you're not pregnant, beware, apparently reading this blog increases your chances.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Okay- I've actually given this idea some thought. They look so sweet and fresh hanging on the line! You are natural mamma!

Abbie said...

I can't decide if this is propaganda or not. But, hey, good causes need crusaders. and you have pretty much convinced me to go with the fuzzi bunz instead of "that other brand." heh.

--Shelley said...

my comment was actually going to start out just like donna's. i just went to the website. i think i would give it further thought if nate was baby #1 and not baby #3. i don't know if it would be worth my money or my time to hang dry. i am about to lose it as it is. i do love the picture though. so, i appreciate YOUR contribution to a cleaner environment.