Thursday, July 31, 2008

the latest...



Just a short update to keep my readers faithful...
Last Saturday we hiked another trail, William's Creek. Silas hiked about 3 miles by himself! Before we left, we weighed the packs and we had 90lbs between the two packs. We were hoping to make it up to Grassy Peak, but the weather, and my quads did not permit. We probably hiked 10 miles or so. 
On Sunday, my buddy Amy Jo and I had a little tie-dye party. We've wanted to try dying some rugs, and some clothes for the kiddos. Amy Jo is having a baby around the beginning of November. (I'll be able to assist with that birth!) 
Sunday evening, I watched "The Music Man" for the first time. I loved it. Especially the song in which all the ladies of River city looked like peeping chickens. 
Speaking of movies, I thought I would tell you a little about our local movie theatre. The Mountaineer Theatre is open only in the summer, shows one movie a week on the weekends only, and is absolutely fabulous. Phil, the owner, stands in front of the screen before each show and welcomes everyone and gives out door prizes: free movie tickets, a poster, some candy, a free pie form the bakery. Everyone cheers for each prize. It's so "small town" and I love it. 
On Tuesday, we went to a kiddo music party. This is one of those big city things that we don't ever do. A summer resident takes her daughter to the opera house in Austin for a similar class. We played instruments and danced with ribbons and played the sticks. Incidentally, I have a very strong memory of a high pressure stick clicking recital at my kindergarten graduation. You remember those sticks, painted blue or red, with ridges. Click, rub, click, argggg....Too much pressure for a five year old!
Yesterday, I went to Gunnison with Amy Jo for her midwife appointment. Silas stayed in Lake City with Emily, his red-headed summer love from the Soda Fountain. This morning, the kids and I all woke up with a cold. 
This upcoming weekend, Christian is going caving with some friends and family. Seeing as I can't probably manage the 90lbs of kids and food, we'll forgo the big Saturday hike this week. Chrisitian's aunt will be here, however, so we'll hang out and let her love on the kiddos. 

4 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Great job on the shirts! They're so cute.

--Shelley said...

i laughed out loud at the stick recital replay. i guess we will see you at christy's wedding? sorry for the random question

christian and amanda said...

Yes, Priya and I are making a girl's weekend trip...to Christy's wedding. I can't wait to see some of you and your kids.

Christy said...

I read the post and then i read the comments and then i envisioned your (you, Shelley, babies, maybe Robyn?) beautiful faces at my wedding...and then i cried. I am SO HONORED that y'all would make the trip. i love you girls!