Thursday, July 24, 2008

Horseless Carriages






A slight change from the ATVs and motorbikes that usually buzz by my home, these old cars paid my block a visit yesterday. The green and red one (ok, so I don't its make and model) was the first car ever to drive through Lake City, a long time ago. Most of these were pre-1920. I have lots more photos, but I don't want to bore those of you who might not be as into old cars as I am. I still remember going to a car show at the Whataburger parking lot and getting hooked on the classics as a child.
Sidenote: these cars still run great after 100 years. I am saddened that our cars are usually dead after 5. The Rodeo we drive now is 15 years old and still rolling. (Christian daydreams about buying a, *gasp*, new Jetta and making his own bio-diesel, but what we have works for now.) 

2 comments:

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

If I were you, I'd be suspicious of those dagnabbed horseless carriages. Bound to cause trouble, I'd say.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Is is your old Rodeo from high school? Man, I have great memories of us riding around in that car and you teaching me how to drive.